Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Helpful tips that apply to all Disney Cruises

My boys are now 8 and 10 and love to go up and grab pizza, soda or ice cream at anytime. After 7 Disney Cruises my 10 year old knows the ship very well and can tell me how to get somewhere from any place on the ship.  He is also at the age that Disney gives the parents the option to let their kid check themselves out of the club if they are ready to go. But only allow this if the parents let the cast member in the club know. They will send you a page, on the pager you are given upon registration, to let you know that the child has signed themselves out and where the are going.
  My 8 year old loves to go out and get pizza and ice cream but he does not remember if he went left or right and has a tendency to get turned around. Therefore on our last trip we taught the boys how to use the house phones that are located in most elevator hallways. This came in handy a few times with my 8 year old, but was great because it was easy for us to ask him what floor he was at and find him very quick.
  This can also be a little game. They will sometimes just go down the hall for the fun of calling us in the room. We allowed this a time or two and then told them to only do it if they were lost. We did not want them to get in trouble.
  Funny story.  I took my husband on a 3 night in December for his 40th birthday, his choice!!
The boys had been calling the room and so when the phone rang, my husband, thinking it was the boys, answered the phone " This is the Captain".  The person on the other side was not my boys, but room service checking to see if our food was good. We all had a great laugh!

No comments: